If you have a working Gmail account you can use Gmail as your mail server by setting it in the global configuration.
On the server tab set the following:
- Mailer: SMTP
- Set the next three lines with your information, leave your path untouched unless you are sure it needs to change for some reason.
- SMTP Authentication: Yes
- SMTP Security: SSL
- SMTP Port 465
- SMTP username: your gmail username
- SMTP password: your gmail password
- SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com
Note that if you are using WAMP on Windows, you may need to enable the openssl module (which is not enabled by default). To do this:
- Open the php.ini file and uncomment out the line
- Save the php.ini file and restart the Apache service.