There are various ways to determine your database prefix. One requires access to the root of your Joomla! site while the other requires access to the Joomla! back-end.
Using the Joomla! back-end (Super administrators only)
- Log in to the Joomla! backend
- Go to "Global Configuration" by clicking the button or via the menu (Site > Global Configuration)
- Go to the "Server" Tab.
- Under "Database Settings", look for "database" prefix. The value you find there is your database prefix.
Tip: Look for the yellow warning symbol
Using Configuration.php (Requires acces to site root)
- Go to the document root, and find "configuration.php"
- Open the file in a text editor.
- Search for "dbprefix".
- You'll see the line var $dbprefix = value. The value you see here (e.g jos_) is your database prefix.
This article is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.