Some hosting companies offer script installers for commonly used website software such as Joomla!. This allows someone to Install Joomla! on a hosting server easily. There is no need to create a database, upload files or configure the programs for use. All things are done by these "Auto Installers" with a small amount of interaction. This article covers two of the most commonly offered automatic script installers:
Most web host providers have either one of them.
- Login to your cPanel account.
- Then search for one of them in the Category 'Software / Services' and click on its icon or name.
- On the left hand side of Fantatsico there is a 'Content Management' Category under which Joomla! is there.
- Click on the 'New Installation' Link in the Joomla! Overview
- Fill in the various details and Submit. There will be some three odd steps. Just keep on clicking Submit!
Thats it you are done!
- In Softaculous there is a 'Portals/CMS' Category. Collapse the category and Joomla will be there. Softaculous supports only the latest version of Joomla.
- You will see an 'Install' TAB, Click it
- Fill in the various details. You will have an option to import Sample Data. This smaple data is the Sample Data given in Joomla.
- After completing the Details click on Submit.
Thats it you are done, Softaculous take only one step.
Its really fast to install and update using Auto Installers.