This Namespace has been archived
- Please Do Not Edit
Pages in this namespace. Pages contain information for a Joomla! version which is no longer supported
. It exists only as a historical reference, will not be improved and its content may be incomplete.
This page is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
To add a new menu:
- Log in to the Joomla! Administrator Back-end.
- Click Menus > Menu Manager on the toolbar menu. The Menu Manager screen opens.
- Click the New toolbar button. The New/Edit Menu screen opens.
- Complete the fields as required:
- Unique Name: The identification name used by Joomla! to identify this menu. It must be unique. Spaces are not recommended. This displays under module parameters when editing the module.
- Title: A proper title for the menu. This is used to identify the menu the Menu Manager in the backend.
- Description: A description of the menu, useful for your own reference.
- Module Title: The title that will be given to the mod_mainmenu module in the Module Manager. This will be the published title or name which displays in the front-end (if you tick yes to "show title" in the Module Details when editing the module via the Module Manager). This will only be displayed when creating a new menu. However it can be edited in the Module Manager in the back-end after the module has been created. If left blank, a module will not be created and you will not be able to show this menu in the Front-end.
- Click the Save toolbar button to create the new menu.
- To leave without saving click the Close toolbar button.
You can now add new items to the newly created menu.
note: All new menus default to disabled when first created.