Revision as of 09:16, 17 September 2010
This Namespace has been archived
- Please Do Not Edit
Pages in this namespace. Pages contain information for a Joomla! version which is no longer supported
. It exists only as a historical reference, will not be improved and its content may be incomplete.
Categories and Sections can be confusing in Joomla. Here are some tips (some what redundant to make sure you understand) to make your life easier:
The organization of a Joomla site goes Section/Category/Article *
- Every article MUST be in a category in a section. Every article MUST be assigned a category IN THAT SECTION before you can save the article.
- If you have a category in one section, you may not use it in another; you have to create a similar category in the other section.
- You must create the category before you can put an article in it. You can't do it while you are writing an article. Do it first.
- Planning your site
- Break your content into sections first
- Then create categories you will want to use to sort articles within that section. You may never use the categories, but you must have them!
- These categories may be named the same as the categories in another section, but it is best to give them a slightly different name, so you recognize which section they belong in later, when you may see a list of them all mixed together.
- Even though you don't want categories, you must create them in each section (There, I've said it three times)