This Namespace has been archived
- Please Do Not Edit
Pages in this namespace. Pages contain information for a Joomla! version which is no longer supported
. It exists only as a historical reference, will not be improved and its content may be incomplete.
The textarea parameter type provides a text area for entry of multi-line text. If the parameter has a value saved, this value is displayed when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
- type (mandatory) must be textarea.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the parameter.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- rows (mandatory) is the height of the visible text area in lines. If omitted the width is determined by the browser. The value of rows does not limit the number of lines that may be entered.
- cols (mandatory) is the width of the visible text area in characters. If omitted the width is determined by the browser. The value of cols does not limit the number of characters that may be entered.
- default (optional) (not translatable) is the default value.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- class (optional) is a CSS class name for the HTML form field. If omitted this will default to 'text_area'.
Example XML parameter definition:
<param name="mytextarea" type="textarea" default="default" label="Enter some text" description="" rows="10" cols="5" />
- If you need to line break just encode
<br /> in the XML config file like this: