JDOC:Docs Wiki Roadmap
From Joomla! Documentation
(Difference between revisions)
m (→Short Term: more updates)
m (Hutchy68 moved page User:Hutchy68/Docs Wiki Roadmap to JDOC:Docs Wiki Roadmap: moving to project namespace, will now be a working Roadmap)
Revision as of 23:00, 1 February 2013
|Under construction, will eventually be moved to JDOC:Documentation Wiki Roadmap. Please post all comments to the Hutchy68/Docs Wiki Roadmap talk page. Please feel free to add appropriate items to the Roadmap.|
This might need to be wider in scope for Documentation.
Docs Wiki Roadmap
- Identify documentation needs by user type better
- Beginners - need to be more targeted
- Developers - more involvement, better method of involvement
- Web designers - target ease of design, better articles targeted towards CSS, Bootstrap
- Administrators - target common tasks with more detail
- Evaluators - ideas needed?
- Home page
- Portal pages
- Better documentation search - Google integration? Lucerne?
- Improve structure
- Namespace aliases for easier link building
- Spam control - multipage sign up. AntiSpoof, AbuseFilter together. AbuseFilter will automatically block and remove users based on rules, can be new user time sensitive running against only new users. More investigation needed.
- Clean up redundant and incomplete pages (what was started and never finished, or redundant)
- Increase developer contributions
- Welcome new users on user talk pages! Give them some additional information, style guide, templates available, etc.
- Editor assistance
- Adopt an editor? Help new wiki users
- Wiki Doc Projects
- Better tutorials, multipage, PDF's created for download
- Developer feedback
- Enhance styleguide
- API integration with Platform and CMS
- Help Screen development simplify
- Focus on first STS, ported to subsequent STS versions, with a 'Final' for LTS
Nice to have eventually
- VEL page
- Improvement for editing by approved VEL members
- Improved look
- Integration with administration for VEL notifications of installed Extensions.
- Semantic Mediawiki
- Use of property values within articles/API
- External data capture in XML or JSON (other formats also available)