This page lists proposals for the Wiki, grouped by year in descending order. If you have a proposal for the Wiki, please edit this page and enter it into the appropriate section. Do not hesitate to express your opinion on a proposal; please do so by editing the relevant section. Please observe the guidelines for editing talk pages. For example, use a quadruple tilde (~~~~) to sign a message with the date and your username.
If you are a member of the Documentation Working Group, please add this page to your watchlist so you will be notified when a new proposal is added.
Dropping the Template namespace
- All pages have been moved out of the namespace. The namespace may now be deleted so it will not appear in Special:Search. Mvangeest 23:18, 15 January 2011 (UTC)
I would like to propose the removal of the Tutorial namespace in favour of the Tutorial category. I can name the following arguments for removal:
- Consistency: there's no FAQ namespace, though API15, API16 etc. are admittedly useful. However, tutorials do not have a significantly 'special' structure that would warrant a namespace.
- Flexibility: categories are easier to add and remove, not to mention the fact that categories can have subcategories and are easier to view an index of.
- Extensions: index articles such as the Management series use the DPL extension, which selects articles based on their categories and not their namespace. For example, Tutorial:Override_JFormFields is not shown in the list.
- Use: Category:Tutorials shows that either documentors are ignorant of the namespace, or they just like categories more, as the majority of the tutorials does not use the namespace. The list of Tutorial: articles can be found on .
- Proposal Accepted as per jtopic:582819