Post all comments to this page below using a new Subject/headline using the 'Add topic' tab. Thanks Tom Hutchison (talk) 16:04, 20 January 2013 (CST)
Joomla 2.5 Documentation
The Joomla 2.5 documentation is still very sketchy - for a LTS only 3 months in!! I think as a matter of urgency we need to finish some pages e.g. Complete documentation on Standard form field types etc.
- Thanks for your input Wilsonge, I agree completely. It is actually more urgent because the 2.5 is 13 months old(which may be what you meant), released in Jan of 2012. Joomla! 2.5 will be supported for another 2 years, till Dec 31, 2014, so there is a need to complete and improve all 2.5 docs for all user levels. For example, the 2.5 Help Screens are still incomplete and the dev info is fragmented with 1.6, 1.7 and those STS version articles used as references pointing to 2.5. There is a lot of 1.6 and 1.7 relevant to 2.5 and I would be all for moving everything to reflect 2.5. The problem is, some are still using 1.6 and 1.7 and haven't upgraded to 2.5 yet!...and some on 1.5. Perhaps we should 'cut them off' and tell them it is time to move on.
The Cookie Page really needs a complete overhaul - most of the stuff in it backdates to 1.5. The documentation team's projects include a Joomla 1.5 template tutorial. This is pointless (and also hasn't had a update since Jan 2011)!! This needs to be pushed along.
- Again, completely agree. Part of why I started a roadmap, a broad overview of what is needed. There is quite a bit which needs to be done. I'll be moving it into the JDOC namespace as guide in the near future. One of the major needs for docs is 'more developer involvement' so I am glad to see you contributing to the wiki! Thank you!
- The docs wiki needs better WikiProject pages to define tasks, promote involvement and allow for feedback. I think there are many who want to help, but have no idea where to start so this is one thing which needs to be addressed first.
Perhaps try and organize another Joomla Documentation Pizza Day??
- I'm all for it, actually multiple ones over a period of the next few months once specific tasks are setup.
--Wilsonge (talk) 19:07, 31 January 2013 (CST)
- Thanks for your input and I am very interested in more thoughts or suggestions you may have! --Tom Hutchison (talk) 08:21, 1 February 2013 (CST)