JED Entries Trademark Checklist
This article is designed to help Extension Developers (who want to be listed at JED), JED Editors (consistence for extensions approval) and general users (on reporting JED entries).
To be approved and listed in JED it requires that the entry passes a 4 steps Checklist
- Step 1 - JED_Entries_Submission_Checklist
- Step 2 - JED Entries Trademark Checklist (for site and extension name)
- Step 3 - JED_Entries_License_Checklist
- Step 4 - JED Entries Installation and Functionality Checklist
You are now in Step 2 - JED entries trademark: verification list
The Joomla! name and logos are registered trademarks in the United States and elsewhere held by Open Source Matters. Permission, from OSM, to use these trademarks is usually required and is only granted subject to specific rules.
To know more about Joomla Trademark:
- License, Trademark and Copyright - http://opensourcematters.org/license-trademark-and-copyright.html
- The Joomla! Name and Logo - http://opensourcematters.org/index.php?Itemid=160
Derivative of Joomla string
The following strings are considered related with Joomla string: joom, jom, joo or J!
- Its usage in extension names or domains listed at JED requires license by OSM.
To be licensed you need then to fill one of the following forms to OSM:
- Joomla! Name and Logo Use: http://opensourcematters.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86
- Domain Name Request: http://opensourcematters.org/domain-name-use-request.html
- Extension name request: http://opensourcematters.org/extension-name-request.html
A- Joomla Trademark Checklist
|1||Project site Domain uses Joomla or derivative word?|| Only if licensed by OSM.
|2||Project site display Joomla Logo using official pictures?||Only if licensed by OSM.|
|3||Project site display an altered Joomla Logo?||No!|
|4||Extensions that use "Joomla" or a derivative of Joomla in the extension name?||Only if licensed by OSM.|
Everything OK? Go for Step 3 JED_Entries_License_Checklist