Extensions' submission, approval and rejection
Why was my review of an extension is rejected, removed and/or edited?
The following are some reasons why your review may have been rejected, removed or edited:
- Spam and/or self-promotion.
- Feature requests. Send feature requests to the developer.
- Support requests. Send support requests to the developer.
- Bug reports. Send bug reports to the developer.
- Your review does not show that you used the extension.
- Not a review of the product.
- Putting some type of code. The review section doesn't like code languages.
- Commercial disputes. Instead, report the extension.
- Complaints about licenses, download policies, and version compatibility.
I submitted a review yesterday but it is not shown yet, why?
All reviews are being manually approved by the Editorial Team, and some submissions will be considered borderline and therefore gets a comment and awaits a second opinion from another editor.
How can I change or delete a review that I submitted earlier?
Please use the ‘Report this review’ button next to the review, and explain what changes you would like added or if you wish to have the review removed in order to be able to submit a new and updated review. By using the ‘Report this review’ we will be able to see that the request is made by the same user who originally created the review.
Can I suggest some changes to categorization?
Categories in JED is constantly evolving to cope with the increasing amount of extensions. We strive to provide a good categorization to fit all extensions listed in JED. If you feel that an extension deserved to be in another existing or new category, please use the "Report This" button and let us know about your suggestion. You can also post your feedback to our forum.
When is an extension considered ‘Popular’?
Extension will be shown as ‘Hot’ when it has an average of 150 views or more per day.
For how long is the tag ‘Just Added’ used?
An extension will be tagged as ‘Just Added’ for 14 days from the days it is approved and published.
What is the calculation for an extension to be ‘Top Rated’?
An extension has to have at least 15 votes to be eligible to be listed as Top Rated Extension. Top Rated extensions are ordered by the average rating given by users.
What is the calculation for an extension to be ‘Most Popular’?
Extensions with the highest view of all time are listed in Popular Extensions.
How is ‘Most Reviewed’ list calculated?
Extensions with the highest number of reviews are listed in Most Reviewed.
When is an extension listed in ‘Recently Updated’ page?
Extensions will be listed in Recently Update here when they are updated with new version.
How are extensions selected to be shown in JED's front page?
There are 4 main modules in JED's front page.
- Random New Extensions module randomly shows 12 extensions added in the past 4 weeks. All extensions added in this period have equal chance of appearing in the module.
- New and Noteworthy module shows 4 most viewed extensions added in the past 2 weeks. In another words, these are popular new extensions added in the past 2 weeks. Additionally, only listings that have uploaded image are considered in this module.
- Recently Updated module shows 12 most recently updated extensions in JED. Extensions are considered 'updated' when their version information is changed.
- Random Extensions module randomly shows 2 extensions with image.
What component is used to manage Joomla! Extensions Directory?
The directory component used at Joomla! Extensions Directory is Mosets Tree by a company called Mosets.
The JED Team
Matt Lipscomb and Paul Orwig
JED Team Manager
Contacting the team
The editors can be reached at Joomla! Extensions Directory Forum or by e-mail email@example.com