- Learn More About Joomla → What is the Joomla CMS, what can it do for you, and how to install it.
- Beginners → Where do I start? I am ready to use Joomla but I have no idea what to do first.
- Administrators → You are a Joomla website administrator and responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the website.
- Developers → You are a developer interested in creating a Joomla extension, module, or plugin.
If you are creating a new website, you should always use the latest version. Currently, this is Joomla CMS Version 3.3
. Upgrading will be now be easier, read more about this on our release and support cycle
Joomla CMS Version 2.5 is a current Joomla version with active support scheduled to end December of 2014.
Get Involved and Give Back
If you want to give back to Joomla! and the Joomla! Community, here are just a few ways you can make a difference.
Things you can do to help
You don't need to join the Documentation Working Group to help us improve the Joomla! documentation. You should only register if you want to make changes to the information contained on the Joomla! Docs Wiki. Also note that registration on this wiki is entirely separate from registration on our other sites, such as the Joomla! forum.
- Just Register and login on this wiki to get started.
- Feel free to fix any errors you find
- Take a look in the Cookie jar for a small Docs Wiki task.
- Join one of the JDOC Projects! The Joomla! Docs Wiki is a collaborative community and everyone's help is needed to maintain it as a useful resource.
Want to help but don't know how?
If you would like to contribute to the Wiki and just don't know where to start, please contact a member of the Documentation Working Group.
Help us improve the Joomla! Docs Wiki
Glossary Term of the Day
Joomla! maintains two primary classifications of user groups. The classifications are primarily Front-end and Back-end user groups. Front-end users are only allowed to log in using the public facing side of the website. Back-end users are allowed to log in on the administrative side of the web site. As a result these users are also referred to as administrative users, or admins.
Administrative logins are available by default at
Learn more Joomla! terminology, read the Glossary
Our most popular doc pages!