- JPATH_PLATFORM is now used instead of JPATH_LIBRARIES
JDatabaseQuery is now abstract due of the work done to support new database engines (Windows Azure and Microsoft SQL Server). This means you must use
$db->getQuery(true); to instantiate a query as is the correct practice in Joomla 1.6.
- getHeadData(), setHeadData() and mergeHeadData() are from now on only present in JDocumentHTML. They have been removed from JDocument and JDocumentXML.
- JDocumentHTML::$_links has changed to a multidimensional array. Also the rendering of the link elements has been moved from JDocumentHTML to JDocumentRenderHead.
- A div element with the ID "system-message-container" is always rendered, whether there are messages or not. This ID should not be used in any extension or template.
- The unused parameter $akey has been removed from JURI::buildQuery().
- JLoader can't load files multiple times anymore.
- ↑ Remove getHeadData(), setHeadData() and mergeHeadData() from JDocument since it only applies to JDocumentHTML. (GitHub)
- ↑ Move the rendering of HTML link elements to JDocumentRendererHead. (GitHub)
- ↑ Remove an unused paramet in JURI::buildQuery(). (GitHub)
- ↑ Use include_once instead of include in JLoader (GitHub)