This documents track potential backward compatibility issues for Joomla 1.7 and Joomla Platform 11.1 which will be included in Joomla 1.7. Listed are issues which potentially breaks extensions and newly deprecated APIs.
Please help making this document complete.
The base of this comparison is Joomla 1.7/Platform 11.2.
Backwards compatibility issues were also tracked for Joomla 1.7: Potential backward compatibility issues in Joomla 1.7 and Joomla Platform 11.1
- All class members except JFTP::$instances have become private
- JError::$_error has become protected
- JRequest::_cleanArray has been removed
- The following class member have become private:
- JArchiveGzip:: $_flags
- JArchiveGzip:: $_data
- JArchiveTar:: $_types
- JArchiveTar:: $_flags
- JArchiveTar:: $_data
- JArchiveTar:: $_metadata
- JArchiveZip:: $_methods
- JArchiveZip:: $_ctrlDirHeader
- JArchiveZip:: $_ctrlDirEnd
- JArchiveZip:: $_fileHeader
- JArchiveZip:: $_data
- The following class members have become private:
- JSimpleXML:: $_parser
- JSimpleXML:: $_xml
- JSimpleXML:: $_stack
- onPrepareUserProfileData has been removed. Instead respond to onContentPrepareData with a context of com_users.profile