Scope of document
Should this also include JApplication? Sovainfo (talk) 04:04, 25 September 2013 (CDT)
- Yes but see below --Wilsonge (talk) 10:31, 25 September 2013 (CDT)
Format of document
Should the methods be links to documents in JDocument category? Should the name and description be turned into chunks or just copied between the two documents? Sovainfo (talk) 04:08, 25 September 2013 (CDT)
- I think actually what we need is to delete this. None of these properties seem to actually be defined anywhere - you still have to access them through JFactory in the template index.html file (or where ever they are needed). And in that case I don't see the need for this to have it's own page. You just mention it in passing in a "Building a template" tutorial.
- The only available things we have from $this is baseUrl, params and template
- --Wilsonge (talk) 10:39, 25 September 2013 (CDT)
- Understand your first sentence, the others don't make sense to me. Like I mentioned above they are methods, some of them described already in JDocuments category. When deleting this document, should that category be extended to document those methods? Sovainfo (talk) 14:17, 25 September 2013 (CDT)
- To me when I see a page called "Editing Objects methods and properties available from your template" - I'd imagine it to be something like methods available using
rather than just a list of methods you can use - which is effectively anything in the Joomla API - or an external library (gantry etc.). That's why I think this page is useless.
- If we were to the page then yes the methods should link to the JDocuments category. But I really don't see the need to list all the JDocument methods here! --Wilsonge (talk) 15:49, 25 September 2013 (CDT)