This article fails to explain the content of the original package before it is installed, way before setting up PHING needs improvement.
Quite unfair comment that. Mark's previous two articles cover the setup of XAMPP/Eclipse/Joomla in comprehensive detail.
(Pete Nurse 00:43, 16 March 2010 (UTC))
Tips & Traps for Eclipse/SVN/JoomlaCode
These are issues that I've come up against. Maybe my solutions are not definitively correct.
- The Joomla forum about joomlacode.org is at
Board index»Joomla! Official Sites&Infrastructure»Sites&Infrastructure - Feedback/Information»JoomlaCode.org
- To create a JoomlaCode account, go to the JoomlaCode Project page and click on the "add new Project" bottom at the very bottom of the page. In time your application will be reviewed and (hopefully) approved.
- To initially put your project under SVN version control, right click the project folder and then select Team->Share Project....
- Eclipse will not let you upload to the root folder of your JoomlaCode Project. Instead, upload to a folder with the same name as your Eclipse project.
- When deleting a folder in Eclipse's Explorer window and then commit by right clicking and selecting Team->Commit you can (do?) get the following error:-
- svn:Commit failed item . . . is out of date
- To overcome this, delete the folder in the SVN repository (Window->Show View->SVN Respositories) first and then right click on teh folder and select Team->Update to HEAD.
- Under some circumstances, you might find that you cannot write to the reposisitory receiving the following error:-
- svn: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to MKACTIVITY request
- This may be due to a problem with password caching. The following page shows how to clear the cached passwords:-
--Pete Nurse 01:35, 16 March 2010 (UTC)