m (moved Talk:Tweet Team to Talk:Social Media Team: Reflects reality that page covers Joomla!'s Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ accounts and will expand to include LinkedIn and Pinterest.)
m (Hutchy68 moved page Talk:Social Media Team to Talk:Social Media Working Group: naming standardisation)
general roadmap / internal plan
1. Now, think about your TOP 3 objectives so that they are “SMART” – specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-based.
2. Describe how your social media objective supports or links to a goal in your organization’s communications plan.
For each of your goals, identify the following:
1. What is the purpose? Why is this goal important? What will be the benefit for your organization?
2 .How is it measurable? Come up with two or three quantifiable measurements to help you gauge your success.
3. What are you able to measure that will give you knowledge about your progress?
4. What defines success? Identify a benchmark for each measurement that will help you figure out how well you did in accomplishing your goal.
1. Who must you reach with your social media efforts to meet your objective? Why this target group?
2. Is this a target group identified in your organization’s communications plan?
3. What do they know or believe about your organization or issue? What will resonate with them?
4. What key points do you want to make with your audience?
Each social media channel is good for something different. Consider the strengths and weaknesses of each tool against your goals in order to determine which channels are right for your organization.