| || |
Revision as of 16:13, 1 July 2013
Template style is a feature introduced in that allows users to assign different template styles to individual menu items. By default, Joomla! assigns a template style to all menu items upon installation. A yellow star indicates the default template style in use. A default template style can be partially or completely overridden by assigning different template styles to the desired menu items in order to obtain a different look for their respective pages.
A template style can be assigned to menu items one of two ways.
- Template manager Extensions → Template Manager
- Editing a menu item under Menus → Menu Name → Menu item
Joomla! gives you the option of switching between two or more styles on the Front-end. This is done with "Menu Assignment", so you can set different styles for each menu or only a menu item. This allows specific "pages" that are defined by menu links to set for a "specific" style. Styles can be of different templates.
Template manager method
Click on: Extensions → Template Manager
- You will see your installed template styles, now choose a style which is not set as your default one. Yellow star indicates the style is a default.
- Click on the style name or hit the checkbox to the left of the style name, and click "Edit" on the toolbar.
- You now see the page "Template: [ Edit style] ", and go to the section "Menu Assignment" block and choose the menu items on which the style should be shown.
- Click "Save" on the toolbar and you´re done. The menu item will now show the selected template.
- Go to the front-end of your website and refresh the page to view the modifications.
- Access menu item Menus → Menu Name
- Choose a menu item by checking the box to the left of its name and then click on the Edit toolbar button. Alternatively, simply click the name of the menu item to edit it.
- On the Edit Menu Item screen, in Template Style, choose the desired template style and click on the Save button.
- Go to the frontend of your website and refresh the page to view the modifications.