The textarea parameter type provides a text area for entry of multi-line text. If the parameter has a value saved, this value is displayed when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
[[[ Note that there is currently a bug such that the field cannot handle more than one line of data – see Tracker #12261. ]]]
- type (mandatory) must be textarea.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the parameter.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- rows (mandatory) is the height of the visible text area in lines. If omitted the width is determined by the browser. The value of rows does not limit the number of lines that may be entered.
- cols (mandatory) is the width of the visible text area in characters. If omitted the width is determined by the browser. The value of cols does not limit the number of characters that may be entered.
- default (optional) (translatable) is the default value.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- class (optional) is a CSS class name for the HTML form field. If omitted this will default to 'text_area'.
Example XML parameter definition:
<param name="mytextarea" type="textarea" default="default" label="Enter some text" description="" rows="10" cols="5" />