Using your browser, log in to the CPanel for your site.
To upload the archive file to your web server:-
- Navigate to the directory where you want to place the archive file.
- Click on "Upload Files".
- In the popup window navigate to the archive file. For example, a typical archive file would have a file extension of .zip, .tar.gz or .tar.bz2.
- Click on the "Okay" or "Save" button to upload the file.
To extract the contents of the archive file:-
- Click on the uploaded file.
- Click on the "Extract File Contents" option on the right. The files will then be extracted.
- Some versions of cPanel will only overwrite the old files if you have downloaded the tar.gz version of the upgrade package.