J1.5:Usergroup parameter type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 13:33, 17 January 2011 by Mvangeest
The usergroup parameter type provides a drop down list of user groups. If the parameter has a value saved, this value is displayed when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
- type (mandatory) must be usergroup.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the parameter.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- default (optional) is the default user group. This is the user group ID number.
- size (optional) is the number of rows of the list to display. If there are more items in the list than the size specified then scroll-bars will appear. If there is no size attribute, the list will be shown as a drop-down list if multiple is not set. If multiple is true and no size is set, the default size is the number of items in the list.
- multiple (optional) indicates whether multiple selections are allowed. If the multiple attribute is present (for example,
multiple="yes"), then multiple items may be selected from the drop-down list. If omitted, then only one item may be selected. Note that if multiple is used, the selected values are returned as an array. Also, if multiple is used, you should set the size attribute to control the size of the list box.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- class (optional) is a CSS class name for the HTML form field. If omitted this will default to 'inputbox'.
Example XML parameter definition:
<param name="myusergroups" type="usergroup" default="" label="Select a user group" description="" />