Please note that the content on this page is currently incomplete. Please treat it as a work in progress.
- This article was last edited by Horus 68 (talk| contribs) 3 years ago. (Purge)
Draft: This page shows the content for the readme.txt file to be distributed inside every Joomla! 1.6 packs
1- What is this?
2- What is Joomla?
- Joomla it's a Content Management System (CMS) which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications.
- It's a free and OpenSource software, distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later
- This is a simple and powerful web server application and it requires a server with PHP and MySQL to run it. More details here:
3- Is Joomla for you?
4- How to find a Joomla! translation?
5- Learn Joomla!
6- What are the limits of Joomla?
- Joomla sites can be extended in functionalities with Extensions that you can create to suite your needs.
- There are lots of ready made extensions that you can download and install.
- See the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED): http://extensions.joomla.org
7- Is it easy to change the layout display?
8- Ready to install Joomla?
When ready it can be moved to an on-line hosting account of your choice.
See the tutorial: http://docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Joomla_Local_install
9- Updates are free!
10- Where can you get support and help?
11- Already have a site but its not built with Joomla 1.6 ?
12- Do you want to improve Joomla?
File ends here
- Links must be typed as external links to allow simple copy/past when updating the readme.txt file
- Special formats will be lost when text will be pasted to a txt file.
- Links to content pages should point to Joomla docs to make it a standard view