This article or section is incomplete, which means it may be lacking information. You are welcome to assist in its completion by editing it as well. If this article or section has not been edited in several days, please consider helping complete the content.
This article was last edited by Horus 68 (talk| contribs) 3 years ago. (Purge)
This page shows the content for the readme.txt file to be distributed inside every Joomla! 1.6 packs
1- What is this?
2- What is Joomla?
- Joomla it's a Content Management System (CMS) which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications.
- It's a free and OpenSource software, distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later
- This is a simple and powerful web server application and it requires a server with PHP and MySQL to run it. More details here:
3- Is Joomla for you?
4- How to find a Joomla! translation?
5- Learn Joomla!
6- What are the limits of Joomla?
- Joomla sites can be extended in functionalities with Extensions that you can create to suite your needs.
- There are lots of ready made extensions that you can download and install.
- See the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED): http://extensions.joomla.org
7- Is it easy to change the layout display?
8- Ready to install Joomla?
When ready it can be moved to an on-line hosting account of your choice.
See the tutorial: http://docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Joomla_Local_install
9- Updates are free!
10- Where can you get support and help?
11- Already have a site but its not built with Joomla 1.6 ?
12- Do you want to improve Joomla?
File ends here
- Links must be typed as external links to allow simple copy/past when updating the readme.txt file
- Special formats will be lost when text will be pasted to a txt file.
- Links to content pages should point to Joomla docs to make it a standard view