Typische Template Folder Structuur
It is most common for a template to have at least four files:
- Provides the logic for the display and positioning of modules and components.
- Handles the presentational aspects of the template including specifications for margins, fonts, headings, image borders, list formatting, etc.
- Holds meta-information related to the template and used by the Installer and the Template Manager.
- template_thumbnail.ext - replace .ext with the extension format of the image (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- Generally a 200x150 pixel image that is shown when the cursor is held over the template name in the Template Manager. This gives the Administrator a snapshot view of the template before applying it to the Site.
A typical template for Joomla! will include the following directories:
- css - contains all the .css files
- html - contains template override files for core output and module chrome
- images - contains all images used by the template
- language - contains additional language files used by the template
Depending on the complexity and design of the template is may also contain:
Example structure with files
Typical path of a template is
<root>/public_html/domain-name/template/<name of your template> which will contain the following directories and files based on your template.