Adding a new menu item
In Joomla!, Menus and Menu Items provide the overall structure for the site. One Menu normally contains multiple Menu Items. Each Menu Item loads a pre-defined type of page determined by the Menu Item Type. A list of available Menu Item Types for Version 1.5 is available in the help documentation. If you install any Joomla! Extensions, these may add new Menu Item Types to this list.
To add a new Menu Item:
- Log in to the Joomla! back-end.
- If needed, create a new Menu using the Menu Manager.
- Open the Menu Item Manager in one of the following ways:
- Select the Menu you wish to add an item to from the "Menus" drop-down menu.
- From the Menu Manager, click the Edit Menu Item(s) icon for the desired Menu.
- In the Menu Item Manager, click the New toolbar button to open the Menu Item: New screen.
- Select the appropriate menu item type. For example to insert a single Article select Internal Link > Articles > Article Layout.
- Complete the Menu Item Details section as required. Each Menu Item Type will have it's own parameters to complete as well as common parameters and Menu Item Details. The common parameters and Menu Item Details are documented here.