From Joomla! Documentation
Think about your day as a Joomla site administrator and the tasks you had to perform. Think about the goals you were trying to achieve then break those goals down into a set a of short titles that can be added to this page. This is a temporary page that will be transformed into something else at a later stage.
- Add a new page to the website
- Remove a menu item
- Change menu items to different content
- Change the logo
- Change article display settings (show dates/ email icons / authors) based on article, category, and global options
- Add a new module
- Find out what module positions would show where on the page
- Set cache settings, and once set remember to purge cache to see changes
- How Metadata settings affect things like mod_relateditems
- Accessing page statistics (might be a bit basic)
- How to implement Google Analytics / Piwik / xxxxx tracking scripts
- How to backup my site - SQL databases and files and maybe cover backup to something like Amazon S3?
- How to enable remote authoring tools XML/RPC etc. etc.