The Joomla! Bug Squad (JBS) is a team within the Production Working Groups. Their job is to identify and fix bugs in Joomla. This includes the following:
- Scan the Joomla! CMS 3.x Bug Reporting Forum for reported issues and help community members with solving these issues.
- Report bugs on our Issue Tracker
- Fix reported bugs and resolve reported issues according to the Bug Tracking Process.
The Bug Squad is also supporting with testing and quality assurance when a new major or minor version is developed. Generally speaking the bug-squad is in the lead when a version switches from beta-stage to the stable-stage within the development cycle of Joomla!
Bug Squad Background
The Bug Squad was created in December 2007. As of May 2010, JBS has been organised into the following teams:
- Tracker Team - Monitors the forums and trackers.
- Coding Team - Creates patches for Confirmed Issues.
- Testing Team - Tests Pending Issues.
- Automated Testing Team - Creates automated system and unit tests for tracker issues.
- Migration and Upgrade Team - Responsible for supporting migration and upgrading from the prior version to the current version.
These teams are not rigid, and JBS members can participate in whatever activities they wish. The purpose of these teams are to make it easier for the JBS members to focus their efforts and learn the skills required to successfully contribute to the project.