CMS Release Team
From Joomla! Documentation
The CMS Release Team falls under the responsibility of the Production Department, which oversees all aspects related to the code of all software lead by the Joomla! Project.
Please visit the Volunteers Portal to get an overview of the members of this team.
The purpose of the CMS Release Team is to test each release through the upgrade routes to test stability and fitness for release.
The team will include third party components, modules, plugins and templates in the sites updated by the team to see if new releases has unforeseen problems and report back to the third party developers or lodge an issue in the Issue Tracker if the problem is thought to be with the core upgrade package.
Function and Role
- Test releases of the CMS before they are published, especially CMS Releases that include security fixes
- Help improving the release process and the automation of the process
- Help to make sure that all needed information is available for the community
- Develop contacts with main 3rd party developers to encourage and assist them in the testing of their software with the new releases prior to RC launch
- Maintain a testing site for nightly and the last stable to reference problems against.