Template Development FAQ
From Joomla! Documentation
FAQs about Template Development. A template is a type of Joomla! extension that changes the way your site looks. There are two types of templates used by the Joomla! CMS: Front-end Templates and Back-end Templates. The Front-end Template controls the way your website is presented to the user viewing the website's content. The Back-end Template controls the way your website's administrative tasks are presented for controlling management functions by a Joomla! Administrator. These would include common tasks such as: user, menu, article, category, module, component, plugin and template management.
This is a category page for all Template Development FAQs. To appear on this page each topic page should have the following code inserted at the end:
<noinclude>[[Category:Template Development FAQ]]</noinclude>
Pages in category "Template Development FAQ"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- What is module chrome?
- What is the purpose of the templateDetails.xml file?
- What is the purpose of the templateDetails.xml file?/en
- What is the typical template directory structure?
- What is the typical template directory structure?/en
- What is the typical template directory structure?/fa
- Where are templates located?
- Where can you learn about CSS?
- Where can you learn about HTML?
- Where do I find web page diagnostic tools?
- Where to find design tools
- Which DocType header do I use for templates?