Changing user registration settings
From Joomla! Documentation
(Redirected from Changing user registration settings)
Set "Allow user registration" to "no" to stop users to create an account for your site themselves.
J1.5:User registration settings are managed in the Global Configuration screen in the Administrator back-end. To change the user registration settings, do this:
- Log in to the Administrator back-end. To learn how to do this read: Logging in or out of the Administrator back-end.
- Click on the Global Configuration button in the main Control Panel or click the Site > Global Configuration menu item.
- There are so many configuration options that they need to be divided into separate groups or tabs. Click on the System tab.
- You should see a group of configuration fields under the title User Settings.
- Change the User Settings fields to suit your requirements.
- Click the Save or Apply toolbar button to implement the new settings:
- The Save toolbar button will save your changes and return you to the Administrator Control Panel.
- The Apply button will save your changes but leave you in Global Configuration.
- You should see a blue message: "The Global Configuration details have been updated." which confirms that your changes have been saved.
- If you see a red error message refer to Cannot save Global Configuration changes.