Add Category Permissions
From Joomla! Documentation
This section shows permissions for this category. The screen shows as follows.
To change the permissions for this category, do the following.
- Select the Group by clicking its title located on the left.
- Find the desired Action. Possible Actions are:
- Create: Users can create this category.
- Delete: Users can delete this category.
- Edit: Users can edit this category.
- Edit State: User can change the published state and related information for this category.
- Edit Own: Users can edit own category created.
- Select the desired permission for the action you wish to change. Possible settings are:
- Inherited: Inherited for users in this Group from the Global Configuration, Article Manager Options, or Category permissions.
- Allowed: Allowed for users in this Group. Note that, if this action is Denied at one of the higher levels, the Allowed permission here will not take effect. A Denied setting cannot be overridden.
- Denied: Denied for users in this Group.
- Click Save in Toolbar at top. When the screen refreshes, the Calculated Setting column will show the effective permission for this Group and Action.