Category Options control how articles will show when you drill down to a Category to view its articles.
- Choose a layout. (Blog/List/user defined). This lets you select the default layout to show when you click on a Category link. If you create an alternative layout for a category layout, you may select that as the default.
- Show Subcategories Text. (Show/Hide) Show or Hide the Subcategories as subheading on the page.
- Category Title. (Show/Hide) Show or Hide the title of the category.
- Category Description. (Show/Hide) Show or Hide the description for the category.
- Category Image. (Show/Hide) Show or Hide the category image.
- Subcategory Levels. (None/All/1-5). Categories in Joomla can be created in a hierarchy. This lets you control how many levels of subcategories to show when showing a category view.
- Empty Categories. (Show/Hide) Show or Hide categories that don't contain any articles or subcategories.
- No Articles Message. (Show/Hide) If Show, and if Empty Categories is Show, a message "There are no articles in this category" will show if a category contains no articles.
- Subcategories Descriptions. (Show/Hide) Show or Hide the descriptions for subcategories that are shown.
- # Articles in Category. (Show/Hide) Show or Hide a count of the total number of articles in each category.
- Tags. (Show/Hide) Show or Hide the tags for the category.