From Joomla! Documentation
- Title: Module must have a title
This module will display a search box.
- Box Label: The text that appears in the label of search box. If left blank, it will load 'label' string from your language file.
- Box Width: Size of the search text box in characters
- Box Text: The text that appears in the search text box. If left blank, it will load 'searchbox' string from your language file.
- Search Button: (Yes/No). Display a Search Button
- Button Position: (Right/Left/Top/Bottom). Position of the button relative to the search box.
- Search Button Image: (Yes/No). Use an image as button. This image has to be named searchButton.gif and must be located in templates/*your template name*/images/
- Button Text: The text that appears in the search button. If left blank, it will load the 'searchbutton' string from your language file.
- OpenSearch autodiscovery: (Yes/No). Some Browsers can add support for your site's search if this option is enabled.
- OpenSearch title: Text displayed in supported Browsers when adding your site as a search provider.
- Set ItemID: (Select a menu item/Getting Started/Using Joomla!/Using Extensions/Components/Content Component/...). Assign an ItemID by selecting a menu item in the list for the display of the search results if there is no com_search menu and a specific display is desired. If you do not know what this means, you may not need it.