Help screen toolbar Image
From Joomla! Documentation
- Image. This button provides an easy way to insert an image into an Article. Images may be inserted from the 'images/stories' folder and may also be uploaded. When you click the Image button, a window pops up, as shown below:
- Directory. The current directory on the host server. This is the 'images/stories' directory under your Joomla! home directory. Use the drop-down list box to select a subdirectory.
- Up. Navigate to the parent directory. Note that the top directory for this function is 'images/stories'. You can not navigate to a higher directory.
- Insert. Insert the selected image. The insert point will be the current cursor position. You will see the image display inside the edit window.
- Cancel. Cancel the operation and close the popup window. You can cancel also in clicking the X at right top corner.
- Thumbnail Browse Area. Click on an image thumbnail to select the image. Click on a folder icon to navigate to that subdirectory.
- Image URL. Click on one of the image thumbnails and the URL for the image will be entered for you.
- Align. Select the desired alignment (left or right) from the drop-down list box.
- Image Description. Enter a description for the image.
- Image Title. Enter a Title for this image. This displays when a User hovers the mouse on the image.
- Caption. If checked, image title will display as a caption below the image.
- Search... Click this button to browse to an image file to upload from your local computer. A file dialog will open allowing you to select a file.
- Start Upload. Once you have selected a file, press this button to upload the file to your Joomla! 'images/stories' folder. The thumbnail for the new image will now show in the thumbnail area.