From Joomla! Documentation
The default editor for both front-end and back-end users in Joomla! is the TinyMCE editor.
TinyMCE is a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor that allows users a familiar word-processing interface to use when editing Articles and other content. The 3-row toolbar below provides many standard editing commands:
- Top Row - Menu - You will find here Menus offering various features and often complementary to those in the buttons below.
- Edit: Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste,
- Insert: Picture, Link, Line, Special character,
- View: with Visual aids,
- Format: Bold, Italic, ... and all the different Formats available,
- Table: with an easy way to specify rows and columns,
- Tools: Edit Source Code. A popup displays, showing the HTML source code, allowing you to edit the HTML source code.
- Second Row
- Buttons on the left allow you to make text bold, italic, underlined, or strikethrough.
- Next to that are buttons for align left, center, right and full.
- Paragraph. Select pre-defined formats for Paragraph, Address, Heading 1, and so on.
- List where you can choose between Bullet list or Numbered list.
- Third Row
- Decrease and Increase indent.
- Undo and Redo.
- Insert/Edit Link. To insert or edit a link, select the linked text and press this button. A popup dialog displays that lets you enter details about the link.
- Remove link. To remove a link, highlight the linked text and press this button.
- Insert/Edit Image. To insert an image, place the cursor in the desired location and press this button. A popup dialog displays that lets you enter in the Image URL and other information about how the image will display.
- Source code. A popup displays showing the HTML source code, allowing you to edit the HTML source code.
- Horizontal line. To insert a line.
- Table, to insert a new table, Table Cell Properties, Insert Row Before, Insert Row After, Delete Row, Insert Column Before, Insert Column After, Delete Column, Split Merged Table Cells, Merge Table Cells.
- Subscript, Superscript, Insert Custom Character.