Here are some issues that should be checked during the code review of a proposed patch.
- Do all non-private members have PHPdoc comments?
- Is the commenting correct?
- Does it generate correct PHPDocs?
- Are all parameters, return values, etc. commented?
- Is all complex or non-obvious logic commented?
- Is the logic as simple as it can be?
- Are all coding standards enforced?
- Are Joomla patterns consistently implemented?
- Are methods short?
- Are abbreviations minimized and consistent?
- Do PHPDocs include examples?
- If the code is in the platform, does it include unit tests and are unit tests thorough?