From Joomla! Documentation
The bulk of the documentation effort now revolves around this wiki.
- Please refer to the Docs Wiki Roadmap for a complete overview of tasks.
- If you are new to MediaWiki then you should consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
- There are some conventions for making sure the Wiki remains organized.
- Try to use the Image naming convention.
- Try to observe the convention for labelling pages with Joomla! version numbers.
- You might want to take a look at
- the requested but yet empty pages
- the Cookie jar: a list of pages that have been categorised as being small, well-defined tasks that require minimal commitment to complete
- Articles that require a review (also awaiting a copy editor)
- Articles for which information is required: you may be the one that knows certain details
- Landing pages: pages that match important keywords used by people using search engines to find documentation.
- Pages that define terms can be added to the Glossary, but not by adding [[Category:Glossary]] to the page. Please see Talk:Glossary for more information.
- List of local wiki templates that can be used in your wiki pages. Templates reduce repetition and are the basis of modular documentation.
- List of local wiki extensions that have been installed on this wiki. Extensions provide additionally functionality to the wiki such as syntax highlighting and link search.
- List of local interwiki links that are available on this wiki. These provide useful shortcuts to creating URLs to other websites including the Joomla! forum, help screens and issue tracker; as well as links to the PHP documentation or Wikipedia.