This article is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
Reason: Images needed for better examples, wikify that is use * not ul and li tags
Creating Dynamic Menus (ex: Left Nav based on Horizontal Nav) in Joomla.
Example: You have a products link on the Horizontal Navigation (Main Navigation) and you want to have a dynamic Left Navigation (Left Nav) to appear with all the Products that you offer.
- Go to Article Manager
- Create an article for your main Products page and one article for each for your products. Example: Product-1, Product-2, Product-3
- Go to Menu Manager
- Create a Menu Item called "Products" on your Horizontal Navigation Menu (or whatever your site's main navigation menu is) and link it with your main products page
Example: Your menu is called "Main" in the menu manager and you have "Home", "Products", "Services" etc.. under the Main Menu and this is displayed as "HorNav"
- Create a new Menu called "Products". (This is a new menu not a menu item)
- Create Menu Items for each product "Product-1", "Product-2", "Product-3" under the "Products" Menu
- Go to Module Manager
- Create a new module, Select "menu" and name it as "Products"
- Under Module Parameters, select Menu Name as "Products"
- Under the Menu Assignment Select the radio button "Select Menu Item(s) from the List". Choose the following items (this means you are restricting that to this module)
1) "Main" Menu => "Products" Menu Item link
2) "Products" Menu => Select all the products (Product-1, Product-2 and Product-3) in our example
- Save it and you are all set to have a beautiful dynamic Products menu.
If you add a new Product let's say "Product-4" , You need to go to the Module Manager again and select that item as well Under the Menu Assignment, so that all products are displayed when you click on "product-4" link. This has to be done every time you add a new product.