Extension and language installation packages Joomla 1.6
This article is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
Joomla 1.6 supports several installation units for extensions (components, plugins, modules), language files, or arbitrary sets of files.
Supported Installation Units
The following types of installation units are supported in Joomla 1.6+. The links are to examples in the Joomla 1.6 development code.
Note that most of these links are to the SVN repository. To see the contents of a file, click on the link to the file and then look for the 'View' link beside the 'Links to HEAD' near the top.
- Component named 'alpha' (installation manifest in 'alpha.xml')
- Also see the MVC component tutorial: Developing_a_Model-View-Controller_(MVC)_Component_for_Joomla!1.6
- System plugin named 'alpha' (installation manifest in 'alpha.xml') (Note language files are not limited to system plugins - the system plugin is just used as an example)
- An arbitrary set of files named 'files_test1'
- The 'files' installation unit allows installation of an arbitrary set of files that can be put anywhere in the Joomla file folders. It provides a useful way to install language files for groups of extensions.
Other similar examples can be seen in: the folder containing these examples