Folderlist form field type
From Joomla! Documentation
The folderlist form field type provides a drop down list of folders from a specfied directory. If the field has a saved value this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
By default, the first item on the list is '- Do not use -' (which is translatable) and is given the value '-1' and this is followed by '- Use default -' (also translatable) given the value '0'.
- type (mandatory) must be folderlist.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the field.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- directory (mandatory) is the filesystem path to the directory containing the folders to be listed.
- default (optional) is the default folder name.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- filter (optional) is a regular expression string which is used to filter the list of folders selected for inclusion in the drop-down list. If omitted, all folders in the directory are included. The filter argument expression is applied before the exclude argument expression. For information on constructing regular expressions see Regular expressions in parameter arguments.
- exclude (optional) is a regular expression string which is used to exclude folders from the list. The exclude argument expression is applied after the filter argument expression. For information on constructing regular expressions see Regular expressions in parameter arguments.
- hide_none (optional) is a Boolean argument. If true, the '- None selected -' item is omitted from the drop-down list.
- hide_default (optional) is a Boolean argument. If true, the '- Use default -' item is omitted from the drop-down list.
- recursive (optional) is a Boolean argument. If true, the list of folders recursively includes any sub-folders found. Caution: If you have a large number of sub-folders this can make page loading slow.
Example XML field definition:
<field name="myfolder" type="folderlist" default="" label="Select a folder" directory="administrator" filter="" exclude="" stripext="" />