GSoC 2012 - Student / Mentor Orientation
This document is under massive editing!
- Community Bonding Period
- Why it is key
- Overview of the summer
- Who are you?
- Students: What class are you working on?
- Any immediate concerns?
Community Bonding Period
You should be doing:
- Detailed Discussions with Mentor/student
- Working on Detailed Plan
- Includes Milestones, Tasks, and Dates for entire summer - Turn in by May 21st
- Writing an article about your project for the magazine
- Set up repository in github
- Set up eclipse or other IDE
- Learn PHPUnit
- Reviewing Joomla! Coding Standards
- Studying API to Present (date TBA around May 21)
- Create account @ developer.joomla.org
- Don't forget to do well on exams
- Coding Starts May 21st
- Turn in detailed plan by May 21st
- Weekly Checkin Form
- Midterms [ July 9th - July 13th]
- Blogging [Blog for June JCM, Due May 23rd]
- Finals [August 20th - August 24th]
- Phing - May 3rd, 17 UTC
To be Confirmed
- DocBook & Conventions - TBD (this week)
- Contributing to FOSS - Week of May 7th
- Github, Eclipse - Week of May 7th
- Unit Testing - Week of May 14