Components Messaging Write
How to Access
Select Components → Messaging → Read Private Messages from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation, or click the "New" icon in the toolbar of the Read Private Messages screen.
This screen lets you write and send private messages to others with the correct User Group permissions.
- Recipient. The recipient of the message. Click on the "Change User" button to open the pop-up, and then, from the list of names, select the user to whom you wish to send the message.
- Subject. The subject of the message. Just like the subject of an email, it helps if this is a short description of the message body.
- Message. The body text of the message. Just like the body text of an email, it helps if the message is meaningful and kept relatively short.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Send. Sends the message. Note that the Recipient, Subject and Message fields cannot be blank.
- Cancel. Go back to the main screen of the Manager, without saving the modifications you made.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.