Extensions Module Manager Menu
From Joomla! Documentation
How to access
You can access the Menu module by either opening an existing Menu module in the Module Manager or by creating a new Menu Module. You can access the Module Manager by going to Extensions > Module Manager
This Module allows you to place your Menus on the page. Every Joomla! website has at least one Menu that is created in the Menu Manager screen. The Menu Module allows you place all or part of the selected Menu at the desired position and on the desired web pages.
The Menu Module has the following Module Paramters:
- Select Menu. Select a created menu to use for the module. The default is the menu with the lowest ID. Note that you can have more than one Menu Module with the same Menu Name
specified here (for example, if you are using Start and End Levels).
- Start Level. Optional level to start the display of the Menu. Default is 0 for the Top Level.
- End Level. Optional level to end the display of the Menu. Default is 0, which will display all levels of the menu.
- Show sub-menu Items. Whether or not to show sub-menu items when the parent is not active. If "No", a sub-menu Item will only display when the parent Item is clicked. If "Yes", sub-menu Items will always display in the menu.
- Menu tag ID Assign an ID to the menu item's root tag; when you want to apply specific CSS styling.
- Menu Class Suffix Assign a suffix to the CSS class of the menu, to apply specific CSS styling.
- Alternative layout Apply an alternative layout or template override
- Module Class Suffix Apply a CSS suffix to the module
- Caching. Use Global/No Caching. Whether or not to cache the content of this Module. A setting of "Use Global" will use the Cache Settings from the Global Configuration screen.
- Cache Time. The length of time, in minutes, before the Module is re-cached.
No tips have been added at this time.