Extensions Module Manager Site New
How to access
Navigate to the Module Manager. To create a new Module, press the "New" button on the toolbar. To edit an existing Module, click on the Module Name or click on the Module's checkbox and press the Edit button on the toolbar.
This is where you will add new Modules or edit existing Modules for the front end of your Joomla! web site. When you install Joomla!, 20 built-in Modules are available for use in the front end of your web site. Some Modules, like the Menu Module, are used in every Joomla! web site. Other Modules are optional.
Note that all Module Types have the same fields in the Details and Menu Assignment sections. These are documented in the Module Manager - New/Edit screen. Each Module Type has different Parameter fields. These are documented for each Module Type below.
Note that if you install one or more Joomla! Extensions, these Extensions may add new Module Types. In this case, your screen will show additional Types.
When the New button is pressed, the Module:[New] screen displays all of the Module Types available for the new Module. You can select the desired type either by clicking on the Module Name or by clicking on the Module's radio button and pressing the Next button on the toolbar. Note that you can cancel this action by pressing the Cancel button on the toolbar.
A standard Joomla! installation includes a number of default module types. Each has its own function and is described in detail on a separate page. Additional module types, not listed below, may also have been installed on your Joomla site. Help for those module types can be obtained by choosing the type then clicking on the Help toolbar button on the page that is then displayed.
- Archived Articles
- Articles Categories
- Articles Category
- Latest News
- Articles - Newsflash
- Most Read Content
- Custom HTML
- Feed Display
- Language Switcher
- Random Image
- Articles - Related Articles
- Syndication Feeds
- Latest Users
- Who's Online
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Save it and return to editing the menu details.
- Apply. Save it, but stay in the same screen. If you have been working on a screen for a long time and don't want to risk losing your work, pressing Apply saves your work and lets you continue working. If, for example, you lost your Internet connection, your work will be saved up this point.
- Close. Return to the previous screen without saving your work. If you press Close while adding a new item, this new item will not be created. If you were modifying an existing item, the modifications will not be saved.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- Some Joomla! Extensions provide new Module Types. If you have installed any Extensions, your Joomla! site might have Module Types that are not listed here. In this case, please refer to the documentation for the Extension for information about these Module Types.