Components Banners Clients Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Components Help Screens
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to add or edit banner clients.
How to Access
Navigate to the the Banner Client Manager. To add a new Banner Client, click on the New icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Banner Client, click on the Client's Name or check the Client's checkbox and press the Edit icon in the toolbar.
This is where you add a new Banner Client or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Banner Client before you can create a Banner.
Details and Options
- Client Name. The name of the client. This is the name that will display in the Name column of the Banner Client Manager.
- Contact Name. The name of the banner client.
- Contact E-mail. The e-mail address of the banner client.
- State: State of the item. Possible values are:
- Published: The item is published. This is the only state that will allow regular website users to view this item.
- Unpublished: The item is unpublished.
- Archived: The item has been archived.
- Trashed: The item has been sent to the Trash.
- Purchase Type. The purchase type of the banner. This is used to indicate how the banner client purchased the display time for the banner - monthly, yearly, etc...
- Track Impressions. (Use Global/No/Yes) Whether or not to track the number of times the banner is displayed to web site visitors.
- Track Clicks. (Use Global/No/Yes) Whether or not to track the number of times the banner is clicked by web site visitors.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
- Meta Keywords. Optional entry for keywords. Must be entered separated by commas (for example, "cats, dogs, pets") and may be entered in upper or lower case. (For example, "CATS" will match "cats" or "Cats"). Keywords can be used in several ways:
- To help Search Engines and other systems classify the content of the Article.
- In combination with Banner tags, to display specific Banners based on the Article content. For example, say you have one Banner with an ad for dog products and another Banner for cat products. You can have your dog Banner display when a User is viewing a dog-related Article and your cat Banner display for a cat-related Article. To do this, you would:
- For articles only, in combination with the Related Articles module, to display Articles that share at least one keyword in common. For example, if the current Article displayed has the keywords "cats, dogs, monkeys", any other Articles with at least one of these keywords will show in the Related Articles module.
- Use Own Prefix. Whether or not to use the banner's prefix or that of the client. Select No if you want to use the prefix of the banner client.
- Meta Keyword Prefix. When matching meta keywords, only search for meta keywords with these optional prefixes. This improves performance.
- Additional Information. Allows any extra information about the client to be entered.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the banner client and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the banner client and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the banner client and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another banner client.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.