Users User Manager Edit
Allows an administrator to create a new user.
How to access
To edit an existing user, navigate to the User Manager (Users → User Manager). Then
- Click on the name of the user or
- Click on the check box for the user and click on the edit button.
To create a new user,
- Select Users → User Manager → Add New User from the menu or
- Click on the New button in the User Manager.
In this screen, you have the ability to create a new user (if you clicked on the 'New' button in the User Manager), or edit an existing user (if you selected a user and clicked on the 'Edit' button in the User Manager, or clicked on the name of a user).
- Name. The (full) name of the user.
- Login Name. The user name that will be entered during login.
- Password. The password that will be entered during login.
- Confirm Password. The same password again (to make sure the password is entered correctly).
- Email. Email address for this user.
- Registration Date. The date this user was registered.
- Last Visit Date. The date this user last logged into the site.
- Receive System E-mails. Here you can select whether to let this user receive the system e-mails or not. Only available when editing Administrators or Super Administrators.
- Block User. Here you can select whether to disable this user or not. Only available when editing Administrators or Super Administrators.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Assigned User Groups
- Assigned User Groups. Check the box next to each User Group that this user will be a member of. The groups that a user belongs to detemine what actions the user can do on the site and what objects the user can view on the site.
- Backend Template Style. The template style to use for this user in the administrative backend.
- Back-end Language. Here you can select the back-end language of the user. All installed languages for the back-end will be displayed in the drop-down box. Default is the language set in Language Manager.
- Front-end Language. Here you can select the front-end language of the user. All installed languages for the front-end will be displayed in the drop-down box. Default is the language set in Language Manager.
- Editor. The editor to use for this user.
- Help Site. Set the help site of the user. Default is the Help Server set in the Global Configuration.
- Time Zone. Set the time zone of the user. Default is the Time Zone set in the Global Configuration.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the user and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the user and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the user and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another user.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Name, Login Name, and Email are required.
- If you did not fill in a particular language, editor, help site and/or time zone, the default settings from the Global Configuration, Language Manager and/or Template Manager are set.