From Joomla! Documentation
The User Actions Log allows you to have a global overview of all activities performed on your site by users. From this screen, you have the ability to review, export, delete and purge entries.
How to Access
You can access the User Actions Log screen by using the top menu bar Users → User Actions Log.
In the table containing the User Actions Log from your Joomla! site, you will see different columns. Here you can read what they mean and what is displayed in that column. You can sort the results by clicking on the title of a header.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items.
- Action. The action performed by the user on your site (who did what)
- Extension. The extension used to perform this action
- Date. Date and time when the action was performed
- Name. Name of the user who performed the action
- IP Address. The IP Address of the user who performed the action. Note: This column is displayed only when the option IP logging is set to Yes in the component options
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this action assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 drop down input fields, Sort Table by: (preset to ID descending), and a number (preset to 20) to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon(up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- ID Descending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- Number of items to display (default is 20). Shows the number of items to display on one page, default is 20 items. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table. (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
Search Tools are three drop-down list boxes as shown below.
- Select Extension. Select the desired extension to limit the list based on a specific extension
- Select Date. Select the desired timeframe to limit the list based on this timeframe (from Today to In the last year)
- Select User. Selec the desired name to limit the list based on the actions on a specific user.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Delete. Allows you to delete one or a selection of User Action Logs
- Purge. Allows you to delete all User Action Logs at once
- Export Selected as CSV. Allows you to export as CSV the User Action Logs you have selected
- Export All as CSV. Allows you to export as CSV all the User Action Logs
- Help. Opens this help screen
- Options. Opens the Options screen where settings can be edited.