Components Banner Manager Options
From Joomla! Documentation
Banner Options configuration allows setting of parameters used globally for all banners.
How to Access
On Banner Manager: Banners, click Options button at top. The Options button is available on Banners, Categories, Clients and Tracks.
- Purchase Type. (Unlimited/Yearly/Monthly/Weekly/Daily) This is used to indicate how the banner client purchased the display time for the banner
- Track Impressions. (Yes/No) Whether or not to count how many times a Banner is displayed.
- Impressions by Search Engines. (Yes/No) Include search engines in the count of impressions.
- Track Clicks. (Yes/No) Whether or not to count how many times a Banner is clicked.
- Meta Keyword Prefix. When matching keywords (for matching Banners to Articles based on Keywords), only search for keywords with this prefix. This can improve performance.
This section allows you to set version history options for Banners, Banner Clients, and Banner Categories.
- Enable Versions. (Yes/No) Whether or not to save version history for this component. If 'No', version history will not be saved for component items or for this component's categories.
- Maximum Versions. The maximum number of versions to store for an item. If an item is saved and the maximum number of versions has been reached, the oldest version will be deleted automatically.
If set to '0', then versions will never be deleted automatically. Also, specific versions may be flagged as "Keep Forever" and will not be deleted automatically. Note: Versions may be deleted manually using the 'Delete' button in the Version History screen.
This section shows permissions configuration for Banners. The screen shows as follows.
To change the permissions for Banners, do the following.
- 1. Select the Group by clicking its title located on the left.
- 2. Find the desired Action. Possible Actions are:
- Configure ACL & Options. Users can edit the options and persimissions of Banners.
- Configure Options Only. Users can edit the options except the persimissions of Banners.
- Access Administration Interface. Users can access user administration interface of Banners.
- Create. Users can create content of Banners.
- Delete. Users can delete content of Banners.
- Edit. Users can edit content of Banners.
- Edit State. Users can change the published state and related information for content of Banners.
- 3. Select the desired Permission for the action you wish to change. Possible settings are:
- Inherited. Inherited for users in this Group from the Global Configuration permissions of Banners.
- Allowed. Allowed for users in this Group. Note that, if this action is Denied at one of the higher levels, the Allowed permission here will not take effect. A Denied setting cannot be overridden.
- Denied. Denied for users in this Group.
- 4. Click Save in Toolbar at top. When the screen refreshes, the Calculated Setting column will show the effective permission for this Group and Action.
At the top you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the Banners options and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the Banners options and closes the current screen.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Remember, these choices are applied globally.