Components Banners Banners/it
From Joomla! Documentation
Used to view a list of existing Banners, edit current and create new Banners. There must be at least one Banner Category before a Banner can be created.
How to Access
- Select Components → Banners
- Select the Banners menu link from the Categories, Clients or the Tracks pages in the sidebar.
In the table containing Banners, these are the different columns shown below. Click on the column heading on the banner manager screen to sort the list by that column's value.
- Ordering: Up-Down Arrows User specified ordering, default is order of item creation. When active, drag and drop ordering by 'click and hold' on the bars icon then 'release' in desired position.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as 'Publish', can work with multiple items. Others, such as 'Edit', only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press 'Edit', the first item will be opened for editing.
- Status. (Publish/Unpublish/Trash) The published status of the item.
- Name. The name of the Banner. Editing Option - 'click' on the name to open the Banner for editing.
- Pinned. (Yes/No) Whether or not the Banner is "pinned". If one or more Banners in a Category are designated "sticky," they will take priority over Banners that are not sticky.
- For example, if two Banners in a Category are pinned and a third Banner is not pinned, the third Banner will not display if the Banner display module setting is "Pinned, Randomise" or "Pinned, Ordering." Only the two pinned Banners will display. If the pinned banners have a fixed number of impressions, once those impressions are used up, the pinned banners will no longer display, and the non-pinned banners will begin displaying automatically.
- Client. The Client for this Banner. Clients are entered using the Banner Client Manager.
- Impressions. The Impression count is the number of times the Banner has been displayed on a page. The first number in this column is the actual number of Impressions so far, and the second number is how many Impressions were purchased by the client.
- Clicks. The first number is the total number of clicks that have been made on the Banner since the counter was reset. The second number is what percentage of the time user clicked on the banner when it was displayed.
- Language. Item language.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 drop down input fields, Sort Table by: (preset to Name ascending) and a number (preset to 20) to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon(up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Order. Order items will be displayed in.
- Ascending Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # Shows the number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
The List Filters, above table on the left, above table on right, and other filters as detailed below are in the left, bottom sidebar. These filters are a series of controls that let you limit what items show in the manager screen. More than one filter may be entered. In this case, only items that meet all of the filter conditions will show on the list.
Search Tools Above the table is a filter or search field and two buttons, as shown below.
- To filter in title, enter part of the title and click Search icon.
- Click Clear to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- To enable more Filters, click on Search Tools.
Filter by Status, Category, Client, Language, and Max Levels
Filter by Status. Lets you show only items with the selected published status.
- - Select Status -: Shows items that are Published and Unpublished. Does not show items that are Trashed or Archived.
- Trashed: Shows only items that are Trashed. Important Note: To permanently delete items:
- Change the status of the items to Trashed.
- Change the Status filter to Trashed. At this point the trashed items will show and an icon called "Empty trash" will show in the toolbar.
- Select the desired trashed items and click on "Empty Trash" in the toolbar. The items will be permanently deleted.
- Unpublished: Shows only items that are Unpublished.
- Published: Shows only items that are Published.
- Archived: Shows only items that are Archived. Note: Menu items, Languages have not this Status.
- All: Shows all items regardless of published status.
Filter by Category. Lets you show only items assigned to a specific category. The list box will show the categories defined for your site.
- - Select Category -: Show items assigned to any category.
- <your category>: Show items assigned only to this category.
Filter by Client. Lets you show only items that have a specific client assigned. The list box will show the clients defined for your site, similar to the example below.
Filter by Language. Lets you show only items that have a specific language assigned. The list box will show the languages defined for your site, similar to the example below.
- - Select Language - or All: Show items for any language.
- <your language>: Show items only for this language.
Filter by Max Levels (Item Level). Lets you show only items at or above the specified level in the hierarchy.
- - Select Max Levels -: Show all items.
- 1: Only show items at the top level in the hierarchy (in other words, whose parent is "- No Parent -".)
- 2, 3, … 10: Only show items in the top 2, 3, … 10 levels in the hierarchy.
Page Controls: When the number of Banners is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new banner.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected banner. If more than one banner is selected (where applicable), only the first banner will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the banner.
- Publish. Makes the selected banner available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected banner unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected banner to indicate that they are archived. Archived banner can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banner to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-in. Checks-in the selected banner. Works with one or multiple banner selected.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected banner. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected banner to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed banner can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the 'Select Status' filter and changing the status of the banner to "Published" or "Unpublished" as preferred. To permanently delete trashed banner, select "Trashed" in the 'Select Status' filter, select the banner to be permanently deleted, then click the 'Empty Trash' toolbar icon.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited. See Banner Manager Options for more information.
The Batch Process allows a change in settings for a group of selected Banners marked with a check-mark in the corresponding check-mark boxes. To use: select one or more Banners form the table of Banners being viewed and click on the 'Batch' Toolbar button. This will open a pop up window as shown below.
You can change one value or all values at one time.
How to Batch Process a group of Banners:
- Select one or more Banners on the list by selecting the desired checkbox(es).
- Click the 'Batch' Toolbar button.
- Set one or more of the following values:
- To change the Language, select the desired language from the Set Language list box.
- To change the Client, select the desired new client from the Set Client list box.
- To change the Category, select a category. To leave the category unchanged, use the default value of "Select".
- To copy the Banners to a different category, select the desired category from the category list box and check the Copy option. In this case, the original Banners are unchanged and the copies are assigned to the new category and, if selected, the new language and client.
- To move the Banners to a different category, select the desired category from the category list box and check the Move option. In this case, the original Banners will be moved to a new category and, if selected, be assigned the new language and client.
- To change the Category, select a category. To leave the category unchanged, use the default value of "Select".
- When all of the settings are entered, click on Process to perform the changes. A message "Batch process completed successfully." will show.
Note that nothing will happen if you don't have any Banner selected.
If you wish to clear your entered selections, click on the Clear button. Note that this does not uncheck the check boxes for the Banners.
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Components Banners Banners Edit||Used to add or edit banners which can be displayed on your Joomla! website. Remember to create at least one Banner Client and one Banner Category before creating any Banners.|
|Components Banners Banners Options||Global options (configuration) for Banner Clients.|
|Components Banners Categories||Used to view a list of existing Banner Categories, edit current and create new Banner Categories. Note that Banner Categories are separate from other Categories, such as for Articles, Contacts, News Feeds, and Web Links. There must be at least one Banner Client and Banner Category before a Banner can be created.|
|Components Banners Categories Edit||This is where you can add a new Banner Category or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Banner Category before you can create a Banner. Also, Banner Categories are separate from other types of Categories, such as those for Articles, Contacts, and News Feeds.|
|Components Banners Clients||The Banner Client Manager is where you can edit existing Banner Clients or create new ones. Note that you must have at least one Banner Client and one Banner Category defined before you can add your first Banner.|
|Components Banners Clients Edit||This is where you add a new Banner Client or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Banner Client before you can create a Banner.|
|Components Banners Tracks||Used to view a list of existing Banner Tracking information.|