From Joomla! Documentation
Components Help Screens
The Search Statistics screen allows you to see how many searches were done for each keyword combination and how many results were returned for each search.
How to Access
Select Components → Search from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel.
- Search Phrase. The search text entered by the user.
- Hits. The number of times users searched for this phrase.
- Results. The number of search results returned to the user for this search text.
You can click the 'Search Phrase' or 'Hits' column headers to sort the list by these values. Click again to sort in the reverse order.
Filtering by Partial Search Phrase
Above the column headers on the right, there is a drop down to set a number to display.
Above the table an alert is shown indicating whether gathering statistics is enabled or disabled as shown below:
Gathering statistics enabled / Gathering statistics disabled. If the options parameter called "Gather Search Statistics" is set to "Yes", this will display as "Enabled". Otherwise, it will display as "Disabled". See Search Options for information on enabling and disabling statistics.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Show Search Results / Hide Search Results. Toggle this button to show or hide the "Results" column values.
- Reset. Resets the search log to its initial, empty state. Warning: This will erase all prior search statistics information.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- This screen does not enable or disable searching of the web site. Searching is enabled by adding a Search Module.
- Search statistics are disabled by default. If you're interested in knowing what your visitors search for and what they find, you'll need to enable search statistics. Refer to Options for more information.
To add a Search Module: Modules Site - Search